'Y Felin' Malthouse Flour (1kg)
Milled traditionally at theor water mill in St Dogmaels
Y Felin has had several owners from the 1640s, the period about which there is documentary proof. Amongst these owners two families stand out. One is the Webley Parry family who owned the Mynachlogddu Estates in Pembrokeshire and who bought various properties in or near St Dogmaels including Y Felin.
Eventually the mill passed into the hands of another well-known local family: the Gwynnes, who it seems had some interest in the property prior to the Webley Parry's. The mill was worked by several generations of Gwynnes until 1926 when Mr Evan Gwynne died aged 56.
The mill is today owned by Michael and Jane Hall, who purchased it in 1977 from the estate of the late Mrs Phoebe Mary James: the last descendant of the Gwynnes to live at the mill. Since the beginning of 1980, the Halls have been restoring the mill to its former state. The millpond was reflooded for the first time in nearly thirty years on Easter Saturday, April 18th, 1981.